You are probably searching the internet on how to find old life insurance policy
Items you will need:
- Name of the insured
- If you have the policy, than the policy
- A certified copy of the death certificate. (The funeral home should be able to help you with this, or the County records department.)
Places to look to find old life insurance policy
- Search through bank statements, and checking accounts to see if there were any recent payments to an insurance company
- Look through old mail for statements or billing reminders
- Talk to the persons auto / home insurance agent or carrier to see if a life insurance policy was bought through them
- Contact the HR department of the persons last place of employment to see if there was a policy that was purchased through benefits. If it is a small business than check with the business owner.
- Look over income tax statements to see if an insurer has paid interest that was claimed on taxes
- Contact there bank to see if they had a safe deposit box or bought a life insurance policy through the bank.
After you have the policy, get a hold of the insurance company to file a claim. A quick Google search can get you a current phone number if you don’t have a good number for the life insurance carrier. If the life insurance carrier gives you any grief in the claim process don’t hesitate to contact the insurance commissioner’s office for the State to get their assistance in the claim filing.